Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sic Gloria Piscatoria

Don emailed me yesterday and concluded his message with, "Sic Gloria Piscatoria". I pondered two things upon reading that phrase: 1) Why wouldn't Don end his message with "Tight Lines" like every other fisherman I know and 2) What the Hell does that mean.

My initial assumption was that it meant "Gloria's fish wasn't well", then on second thought it occurred to me that it might be some vague sexual reference to Gloria Esteban. As luck would have it Don sent me a second message with the following translation:

"Actually I believe it is something like, ' Thus glorious fishing' or possibly something else like 'Thus fishing in glory' or..........it may not mean anything at all. I just made it up to sound intelligent in hopes that you would put it on your blog site."

No comments: