Thursday, February 24, 2005

Just Another Easter in Paradise

I spoke to Kim briefly this evening to wish her a good trip to Florida. She is going to meet Andi (and Liv) there this weekend to help Michael sort out some of the things that have to be, well, sorted out at Michael and Linda's "Winter Home" before it's sold. Michael had gone down earlier with a friend to clean up the property...they hadn't been down there since last Fall's hurricanes.

While talking to Kim, she reminded me that my house will again be a gathering place for Easter. Andi and her family will be in town, Kim of course, Michael, and I hope Toni (my "other" daughter) and Cory, her son. I hope Toni doesn't mind the title, it's bestowed with the best of intentions. I look forward to these get togethers each year, and should probably show it more.

I told Kim that I didn't know when Easter will be this year. Neither did she. Small wonder! Easter is traditionally observed on the first Sunday following the full moon that occurs on or next after March 21. This is not to be confused with Easter Monday, which is the Monday after Easter and observed as a holiday in some countries and North Carolina. I'm not kidding...look it up. It's a wonder when people "get together" for Easter that they show up on the same day...the same month for that matter! You can scramble around looking for you Farmer's Almanac, but I'll tell you that this year Easter is on March 27th. It will be cold and nasty regardless of what the seers say about March going out like a lamb...balderdash!

Where are those Easters of my youth when the sun always shined and a warm breeze stirred the daffodils in the garden. Poe knew from whence he spoke...Nevermore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being that I'm the Andi mentioned in thise posting. I too really enjoy the Easter gathering each year. It's really nice to have a tradition with the entire family and extended family like good friends.
I did not know that the full moom with the indication of when East fell each year. I always wondered why it was never the same from year to year and always wondered who it was that picked the date. Well, apparently, it's the moon. Interesting.
I'm looking very forward to Easter this year. It should be a ton of fun. Cold, but fun. Elli's also excited beacuse "... there's lots of great places for the eggs to hide at papa's"
Happy hunting Elli.
Andi

Anonymous said...

Well hello Howard-
We (Cory & I) are looking forward to spending Easter with you and family. NO-I do not mind being referred to as the "other daughter". Your entire family has become mine. Cory is very excited to see all of you....Cannot wait to hide eggs for Elli and Liv.(Steve: ready for chess)?

Good food, trivia anyone? and wonderful company.

We shall see you soon.

Love
-Toni