Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I Saw That

The reason I'm writing and showing the picture that follows is to prove to Kim and Andi that their dear old dad actually got off his fat late February butt and did something...infinitesimal as it may be. The space shown below used to house the freezer. In order to remove the freezer there was some slight of hand involving a shoe horn and some Vaseline, however I won't bore you with those details.

I will admit that the most difficult part of the project was returning a new circular saw to its carrying case. The label said "made in China"; this isn't surprising because the technique necessary to store the saw requires the imagination of a Chinese finger puzzle and the dexterity of a Chinese fire drill. I managed, and everything is cleaned up.

Speaking of cleaning up, Larry is forever fretting over the dust he creates in his workshop at his house. I have a solution for him. Do as I did, and cut all your material in the kitchen. The thought of cooking and consuming food in that environment provides the incentive to vacuum all your waste up immediately.

Hopefully Spring will rear its lovely head sooner rather than later, and I won't be forced to be creative again any time soon. The entire project was far too taxing; which reminds me that April 15th will be here before we know it.....but that's a different entry.

No comments: