Friday, October 28, 2005

Blog Spamming

Just a word about some of the comments that are left on the blog.

Morgan hit the nail on the head with his comment: "I hate the stupid blog spammers. Grrr." That about sums it up. The fact is I really enjoy reading your comments when you feel so inclined to leave them. If I allow an entry to receive new comments, anyone can comment, even the spammers. Therefore, I'll leave it up to you. If you drop by occasionally and read stuff other people left, let me know if the spammers bother you enough for me to block the comments. I will if the consensus is that I should..... Let me know. Too bad the host site can't screen that kind of junk, but I suppose it's impossible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said to let you know. I guess the first ammendment does allow freedom of speech, and if your going to open it up, sounds like it has to be open to everyone. I for one, wouldn't want to loose my freedom to respond due to the actions of some inconsiderate blob (not a misspelling) of a spammer who can't enter into what I consider to be the spirit of your site and take their blather elsewhere. Of course, they probably have figured out how to just send it to every blog without discrimination, or reading them. Hmmm; does the delete key work?

BTW do you remember what John Voelker, aka Robert Traver, said about photos like that? Something to the effect that you can always tell the fish from the fisherman, the fisherman is the one smiling.